Friday 31 December 2010

My Milling machine


Late in 2008, I had a nice little Boxford Milling machine, all manual controls and in very good condition. It did the job but I decided what I really wanted was to get better parts without spending endless hours winding the handles.

I concluded that the way forward was a CNC milling machine of some sort. As I work in the IT industry for a living, I was pretty confident I could get the computer stuff on the run without too much trouble.

After looking at the various options, I concluded that a good fit for me would be a second hand industrial machine. Eventually a suitable machine came along and I became the proud owner of a Bridgeport Clone machine made by Chen Ho in Taiwan, the machine had an Anilam control and was servo driven to all 3 axes.

The machine had some issues but the price was pretty good so I was happy for it to be a project in it's own right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers